Completing a tax return
When preparing your tax return, you may have to refer to other guides, or complete some schedules and other forms which have more detailed information. To help you determine which you will need, see Other guides, schedules and forms you may need to complete your income tax and benefit return.
- Personal and address information
How to complete the identification area.
- Personal income
Find out how to report all types of personal income.
- Deductions, credits, and expenses
Find out all deductions, credits, and expenses you are eligible for.
- Tax slips
T4 slips, T5 slips, T3, RC62, RC210, and RRSP contribution receipt.
- Provincial and territorial tax and credits for individuals
- Filing due dates for the 2016 tax return
Forms and publications
- General income tax and benefit package - Guide, return and schedules
- Guide T4011, Preparing Returns for Deceased Persons
- Guide T4013, T3 Trust Guide
- T3 return and schedules
- Information Sheet RC4111, Canada Revenue Agency - What to Do Following a Death
- Amounts that are not taxed
- Getting a tax return
- Sending a tax return
- Learning About Taxes
- RRSPs and related plans
- Farmers and fishers
- Individuals - Leaving or entering Canada and non-residents
- Sole proprietorships and partnerships
- Self-employed individuals
- Line 127 - Capital gains
- What to do when someone has died
- Date modified: