If you have moved
If you move, let us know your new address as soon as possible.
Keeping your information up-to-date will ensure that you keep getting your GST/HST credit (including those from certain related provincial payments), universal child care benefit and Canada child tax benefit payments (including those from certain related provincial or territorial programs), and working income tax benefit (WITB) advance payments you may be entitled to, as well as important correspondence from the Canada Revenue Agency. Otherwise, your payments may stop or you may not get important correspondence like your notice of assessment.
If you use direct deposit, you also need to advise us if you change your account at your financial institution.
Changing your address
If you move, you can change your address in the following ways:
- By Internet – If you have registered with My Account for Individuals, you can change your address by using this service.
- By mail – You can change your address by completing Form RC325, Address change request, or by sending a letter or fax to your tax centre. Be sure to include in your letter your:
- social insurance number;
- new address; and
- date of your move.
If you are writing for someone else, including your spouse or common-law partner, include their social insurance number, and have them sign the letter authorizing the change to their records.
- By phone – Call our Individual Income Tax Enquiries line at 1-800-959-8281. We will ask you to identify yourself and give information about the contents of your tax return. We will ask for your name and address, social insurance number, date of birth, and other information from your tax return or notice of assessment.
Because your personal information is confidential, we do not usually give your new address to other government departments or Crown corporations, such as Canada Post. Similarly, they do not provide such information to us.
Forms and publications
- General Income Tax and Benefit Package – Guide, return and schedules
- Form T1-M, Moving Expenses Deduction
- Form RC325, Address change request
- Date modified: