Line 129 – Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) income

Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) income refers to money you withdraw from or receive out of an RRSP. This income will be shown on a T4RSP, Statement of RRSP Income slip.

If the money you received relates to:

Annuity payments shown in box 16 of your T4RSP slip may qualify for the pension income amount on Line 314 – Pension income amount.

If you or your spouse or common-law partner withdrew unused (unclaimed) RRSP contributions (made after 1990), you may be able to claim a deduction on Line 232 – Other deductions.

Also, you may be able to jointly elect with your spouse or common-law partner to split RRSP annuity payments that you reported on line 129. For more information, see Eligible pension income.

Completing your income tax and benefit return

On line 129, enter the total of amounts shown in boxes 16, 18, 28, and 34 of your T4RSP slips.

Also include the amounts from boxes 20, 22, and 26, unless your spouse or common-law partner made a contribution to your RRSP in 2013, 2014, or 2015. If this is your case, see Withdrawing from spousal or common-law partner RRSPs first.

Forms and publications

Need assistance?

If you are unable to find the information you were looking for about this specific topic, please select the Contact us button.

Date modified: