Contributions, withdrawals and transfers
Be aware of these rules and restrictions:
- You can contribute up to your TFSA contribution room. A tax applies to all contributions exceeding your TFSA contribution room.
- Withdrawals will be added to your TFSA contribution room at the beginning of the following year.
- You can replace the amount of the withdrawal in the same year only if you have available TFSA contribution room.
- Direct transfers must be completed by your financial institution.
Services and information
Rules for re-contributing withdrawals, annual TFSA dollar limit, TFSA contribution room
- Making or replacing withdrawals from a TFSA
Impact on TFSA contribution room
Transferring funds from one TFSA to another or from one issuer to another
- Date modified: