Lend a hand! Become a CVITP volunteer
What does a CVITP volunteer do?
A volunteer with the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) prepares income tax and benefit returns for eligible individuals who have a modest income and a simple tax situation.
What do you get out of it?
As a CVITP volunteer, you will:
- give back to your community
- increase your tax knowledge
- gain new skills and improve existing ones
- do work that is valued and recognized
How can you become a CVITP volunteer?
To become a CVITP volunteer, you must:
- affiliate with a community organization
- have a basic understanding of income tax
- complete the online registration:
- Volunteer registration (other than Quebec)
- Volunteer registration (Québec) for The Volunteer Program in Quebec
- register online for electronic filing through EFILE
The registration period is from mid-October until April 30th.
Can you charge a fee for your services?
CVITP services are free of charge. You cannot charge for your services and must decline any offers of monetary reward.
Security of taxpayer information
You must keep all taxpayer information secure and confidential at all times.
If you are unable to find the information you were looking for about this specific topic, please select the Contact us button.
- Date modified: