Lend a hand! Become a CVITP volunteer
Helping people in your community
Many taxpayers do not know how to prepare their income tax and benefit return themselves. Community organizations need volunteers like you to provide this important community service to taxpayers who have low income and a simple tax situation.
Volunteers must respect the confidentiality of taxpayer information and decline any offers of monetary reward for their services.
What do you get out of it?
As a volunteer with the CVITP you will:
- give back to your community;
- help Canadians maintain uninterrupted access to benefits and entitlements;
- increase your personal tax knowledge;
- gain new skills and improve existing ones;
- do work that is valued and recognized; and
- receive free tax software and reference material, and have access to training.
How do I get involved?
To become a CVITP volunteer, you must be affiliated with a community organization.
If you have a basic understanding of income tax and would like to become a CVITP volunteer, you can register below.
If you are interested in registering to become a CVITP volunteer, the registration period is from October through January.
- Date modified: