Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP)
What is the CVITP?
The CVITP is a collaboration between the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and community organizations. The organizations host tax preparation clinics and arrange for volunteers to prepare income tax and benefit returns for eligible individuals who have a modest income and a simple tax situation.
Endorsement of the CVITP
"As Financial Literacy Leader, I recently held a series of online and stakeholder consultations to help develop a national strategy for financial literacy which will be released in 2015. During these consultations, we heard many positive comments about the CVITP and how helpful it is to the community groups who assist seniors and other Canadians. The CVITP is an important service that helps individuals with a modest income and a simple tax situation file their tax return and access the government benefits they are entitled to."
– Jane Rooney, Financial Literacy Leader, FCAC
Forms and Publications
Provincial and territorial government partners
- New Brunswick Department of Social Development
- New Brunswick Public Library Service
- New Brunswick - The Economic and Social Inclusion Corporation
- Revenu Québec – The Volunteer Program
- Video series: What's in it for me? – For students
- Video series: Preparing Your Income Tax and Benefit Return
- Video series: Canadian Students and Income Tax
- Video series: Newcomers to Canada and the Canadian Tax System
- Date modified: