Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP)
The objective of the CVITP is to help eligible taxpayers who do not know how to prepare their income tax and benefit returns, and who have low to modest income and a simple tax situation.
The CVITP is a collaboration between the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and community organizations who host tax preparation clinics and arrange for volunteers to prepare the returns.
The CRA offers training and tax software for volunteers, as well as coordinators to guide community organizations as they deliver the program.
Each year community organizations and volunteers help over half a million Canadians file their tax returns.
Forms and Publications
Provincial and territorial government partners
- New Brunswick Department of Social Development
- New Brunswick Public Library Service
- New Brunswick - The Economic and Social Inclusion Corporation
- Revenu Québec – The Volunteer Program
- Video series: What's in it for me? – For students
- Video series: Preparing Your Income Tax and Benefit Return
- Video series: Canadian Students and Income Tax
- Video series: Newcomers to Canada and the Canadian Tax System
- Date modified: