Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP)
The objective of the CVITP is to help eligible taxpayers who do not know how to prepare their income tax and benefit returns, and who have low to modest income and a simple tax situation.
The CVITP is a collaboration between the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and community organizations who host tax preparation clinics and arrange for volunteers to prepare the returns.
The CRA offers training and tax software for volunteers, as well as coordinators to guide community organizations as they deliver the program.
Each year community organizations and volunteers help over half a million Canadians file their tax returns.
Need a hand to prepare your tax return?
Find out if you are eligible for help.
Lend a hand! Become a CVITP volunteer
Find out how you can help prepare returns for eligible taxpayers.
Volunteer tax preparation clinics
Find a place in your area to get help to prepare your tax return.
Want to become a community partner?
Find out how to register your organization to become a community partner.
CVITP training product
Access to training for registered volunteers.
Forms and Publications
Provincial and territorial government partners
- New Brunswick Department of Social Development
- New Brunswick Public Library Service
- New Brunswick - The Economic and Social Inclusion Corporation
- Revenu Québec – The Volunteer Program
- Video series: What's in it for me? – For students
- Video series: Preparing Your Income Tax and Benefit Return
- Video series: Canadian Students and Income Tax
- Video series: Newcomers to Canada and the Canadian Tax System
- Date modified: