Need a hand to prepare your return?
Community organizations host free tax clinics to prepare returns for eligible taxpayers.
Are you eligible?
You may be eligible if you have a simple tax situation and meet the suggested family income level.
|Individual with a child||$35,000|
- For each additional child, add $2,500 to the suggested family income.
- Interest income must be less than $1,000.
If you are a resident of Quebec, verify your eligibility with an organization that offers volunteer tax preparation clinics in your area.
Returns not eligible
Volunteers do not prepare returns for individuals who:
- have self-employment income
- have business or rental income and expenses
- have capital gains or losses
- have employment expenses
- file for bankruptcy
- are deceased in the year
How can you get help?
To find a tax clinic in your area, select the Find a clinic button.
If you are unable to find the information you were looking for about this specific topic, please select the Contact us button.
- Date modified: