Lend a hand! Community organizations
Volunteer to host free tax preparation clinics
You can help individuals complete their tax returns and receive the government benefits to which they are entitled. Register your community organization to participate in the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP).
How does the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program work?
The CVITP is a collaboration between community organizations and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
The community organization:
- hosts free tax preparation clinics
- arranges for volunteers to complete tax returns for eligible individuals
- manages resources and volunteers
- keeps taxpayer information secure and confidential
- ensures that volunteers get individual EFILE certification or a police records check
- guides the organization through the program
- arranges training for volunteers
- provides tax software
- provides promotional materials
How to register
Complete the CVITP organization registration form.
For more information?
For more information, Contact a CRA coordinator.
- Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC)
- New Brunswick Department of Social Development
- New Brunswick Public Library Service
- New Brunswick - The Economic and Social Inclusion Corporation
- Newfoundland & Labrador Public Libraries
- Revenu Québec – The Volunteer Program
- Date modified: