About the Registered Plans Directorate
The Registered Plans Directorate is responsible for all program activities related to the provisions of the Income Tax Act for the registering and monitoring of employee pension plans, retirement savings plans, retirement income funds, deferred profit sharing plans, supplementary unemployment benefit plans, education savings plans, disability savings plans, tax-free savings accounts, registered investments and pooled pension plans. In particular, the Directorate is responsible for:
- a national registration program for compliance with the Income Tax Act, Income Tax Regulations, and related administrative rules;
- a national audit program for all deferred income and savings plans (DISP);
- a national actuarial service and analysis for deferred income plans;
- a national telephone and written enquiries service for DISP; and
- information, communication, and education programs for all aspects of DISP, including publications, participating at conferences, consultations and meetings.
Our service standards
The Registered Plans Directorate (RPD) of the Canada Revenue Agency plays a vital role in ensuring the integrity of the deferred income and savings plans sector in Canada. This is achieved by promoting compliance with the income tax legislation and regulations through:
- quality service; and
- responsible enforcement.
RPD strives to provide fair, courteous, and efficient service to Canadians. See our service standards.
- Date modified: